photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Monday, August 19, 2013

Short Story


As the summer draws to a close, I feel an urgency of time and season to wear white whenever I can...while I still can.  I dread the eventual dismissal of some of my favorite pieces (like these high-waisted shorts) to the back of my closet where they await Easter Sunday. But truthfully, as a forward thinking individual, I have often thought that the 'no white after Labor day rule' is antiquated. In my opinion the decision to wear a particular color garment should be based more on the fabric type and weather conditions than on the item's color.

   I am not going crazy and suggesting that one should wear a white eyelet and seersucker on Christmas day. I am merely suggesting a small shift in perception concerning weather appropriate whites and their place all year around. So call me crazy, but I think these shorts would look great with a black chunky knit, structured coat, and tights on a cold day. Winter white this year? I say, yes. These shorts have not seen their last week.

xo Christina  
 Shirt: Tibi (new version here); Shorts: Zara (similar here); Shoes: Tibi: Sunnies: Karen Walker; Clutch: Tory Burch (old but loving this version here); Watch: Michael Kors Braclets: David Yurman; Nails: Essie 'No place like chrome' here, Nars: Matte Lip Pencil in Yu

3 comments:

  1. These shorts looks FABULOUS on you! I say bring them out year-round (they're just that good).

    xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top is to die for! So chic and modern. I am all for a white christmas.. literally as in whites are a for sure in this winter! <3 Defiantly bring those shorts into fall and winter with tights and a blazer! you look great as always!

    Best,
    Jeannie

    www.teasetossandtangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! I really love that top! I just read an article in the September Lucky talking about pastels for winter, so I'm with you. I want to wear white year round!

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k